Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wait.

"We're just going to let fate decide whether we go our separate ways?"

My life is a beautiful, chaotic, blessed existence.  God is moving and speaking to me in ways that I could only imagine before.  Over and over this year, He has been whispering "wait" to me.  
Wait. 
You think I would be super excited to hear something so clearly..... 
Well. I am, but at the same time I'm thinking: 
"Wait? Ugh. Why?  I don't want to!"
I just want to know everything and plan out every single detail of my life.  I mean it. Every. Single. Detail.  I think that if God would just give me some hints, I could figure out everything else and it would be amazing.  Waiting is so difficult.  It reminds me that I am not the one in control.
Wait.
God is not revealing everything to me... This frustrates me so much.  But waiting also is a blessing.  It reminds me of one of the most wonderful things about the relationship I have with God.  
He refuses to leave me the way I am.
Yes; He loves me exactly the way I am.  He just doesn't want to leave me that way. 
Making me wait is just another way that God is shaping me into the woman He wants me to be.  I am learning to trust Him in ways that I haven't before.
Wait.
Although the waiting is hard, I am confident in Christ.
I don't know all the plans He has for me.  I have no clue when I will go or what I will be doing in India, if I will ever get married and have children, or whether a person I recently met will be a part of my life.  But I know that I serve a God who loves me and who has spectacular plans for me that are so much better than the plans I have for myself.
On this day, I am trying to wait. With God's strength, I am trusting Him and not trying to force things.  I am letting Him work without trying to interfere and decide that my way is the best.
Wait.
So, through the beauty and the chaos, the blessings and the pain, I will wait. 


1 comment:

  1. SO hard! But such an adventure as God unfolds things before you in His time. :-)

    ReplyDelete